two bored dinks wasting away in suburbia, longing for good health, lotsa wealth, and meaning in their lives... or whatever else they feel like posting

6.28.2006

gestapo alive and well at ajax-pickering hospital...

so i am awoken by a phone call and my mother crying on the other end because one of the nurses had hurt her so bad, she thought her hip had been dislocated. as anyone with a heart would, i went flying down to the hospital. when i got there, mom was getting ready for a shower. then my mother seized up, started shaking, and grabbing for me. why? because the nazi nurse had arrived once again to take my mother for her shower. i asked if she was the one, which my mother confirmed.

so i said to the nazi, "are you the one who almost dislocated my mother's hip?" to which she replies, "no, i merely placed her on the bed. your mother wasn't following directions."

me: "my mother has been here for 5 days. EVERY nurse has been extremely gentle at getting her in and out of the bed. you picked her legs up, dropped them on the bed, while yelling at her to drop her head? then you picked her legs up again and dropped them?"

to which the bitch starts saying that no, she merely told my mother to lie down. my mother disputed that and the nazi nurse started to actually yell at my mother. yelling at a patient? are you kidding me? i have been at the hospital for hours on end helping my mother and watching the other nurses help her. getting in and out of bed is a very difficult, slow, and painful process. there is a way to do it and everyone is aware of that. it's a rehab ward for crying out loud. this isn't new.

i asked the nurse what her name was. she didn't hear me the first time because she was still yelling at my mother in her wheelchair so i asked a little louder. she told me. i said through gritted teeth and blazing eyes,

"lynn, get your hands off my mother right now and leave this room. you are not to touch her again, do you understand me? heaven help you if i find you in here again."

so nazi nurse says something to the effect of, not hurting her and my mom not following directions, yadda yadda yadda. and then, get this, says she knows how my mother feels. i asked her how that was at all possible. she says, because she had the surgery herself.

me: "you had this surgery and you still treat people like this? that makes you even more disgusting. now get out of here and don't come back without your manager."

unreal.

later we heard her arguing with another patient down the hall who was also threatening to file a complaint.

halton, a good buddy of my brother's, has been visiting his grandpa who had the same operation and is a couple of doors down from my mom. apparently nazi nurse also tossed him around a bit. his grandmother is also quite upset.

at least the other nurses are totally fabulous.

today's update: last night's dinner had a certain food item which had been frozen, thawed, frozen, thawed, and then served. the entire ward is now extremely ill. is it just me, or should food made for patients in health care institutions be better prepared? getting food poisoning while in a hospital on a floor with 2 nurses and 25 people who are wheelchair-ridden is completely unacceptable. if you ever have to go to a hospital for an operation, regardless of what it is or how long of a wait period you will face, do NOT go to ajax-pickering. your life will depend on it.

if they don't kill or maim her first, mom should be coming home tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home